Temporário Driver (4 positions)
Reference No. : SVN/MZ/2022/002
Position Title: Driver (4 positions)
Duty Station: Pemba, Mozambique
Job Family: Procurement, Logistics & Facilities
Classification: General Service, Grade : G-2
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Graded Contract, 6 (six) months
with the possibility of extension. The first six
months shall be considered as probation period.
Report to: Fleet Assistant
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 21 January 2022
Under the overall supervision of the Logistics Officer and direct supervision of the Fleet
Assistant, the incumbent shall provide driving services in support of project and operational activities in the area of responsibility.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Drive the IOM vehicle and transport authorized personnel. Ensure that the vehicle is
used exclusively for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor.
2. Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle and ensure its
roadworthiness. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc.
3. Keep records of spare parts for the vehicle and conduct monthly spare part inventory.
4. Ensure that the vehicle undertakes regular service intervals and maintains cleanliness
of the in and outside part of the vehicle. Arrange for minor repairs and ensure that the
vehicle is kept clean at all times.
5. Ensure that the vehicle has full tank and is technically ready prior departure for field
6. Identify the most effective and efficient route to reach the requested destination.
7. Implement measures to reduce potential security threats to IOM officials or property
within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes.
8. Ensure that appropriate actions in line with local rules and regulations pertaining to
driving are taken in case an accident occurs.
9. Maintain a vehicle logbook and verified by staff using the vehicle.
10. Ensure that the daily log sheet and monthly report is prepared summarizing statistics on mileage, fuel consumption, etc.
11. Undertake other office assignments and small errands when instructed.
12. Adhere to IOM code of conduct and to UNDSS / MOSS Compliance; as well as the local Code of Transit rules and regulations for road travel.
13. Maintain a high degree of confidentially and discreteness in discussions and travels,
which involves IOM and its officials.
14. Perform other duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor degree in the relevant field and working experience, or
• Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with two years of driving experience
• Has working experience in driving four wheel vehicles, soft skins vehicles and minibus.
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
• Clean police records.
• Good knowledge of local area, in particular the IOM project operating areas
• Has a valid driving license.
• Has experience and skills in driving AV vehicles is advantage.
• Have knowledge and experiences in basic MS Office is an advantage
Fluency in Portuguese and Basic English both oral and written is required.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
a) Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
b) Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees
(preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , indicating the reference code above (SVN/MZ/2022/002– Driver) as subject. The deadline for applications is 21